The plan from the beginning was to recover them in something brighter than the natural colored slipcover they came with. As you can see, we had them for 3+ years before I got around to it.
You can see them again here, right near my cute elephant friend
I think waiting to recover them was mostly due to the fact that I can never make up my mind when picking out a fabric. I'm my own biggest nightmare sometimes.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I found this fabric with the perfect bold design and fell in love. There were just 4 yards left, it had to be mine.
all pinned and ready to sew
Just making sure I have enough at the bottom to hem...with my luck I'd come up too short if I didn't measure, remeasure and remeasure again.